Thursday 23 January 2020

Album Review: ANTI-FLAG - 20/20 Vision

Anti-Flag - 20/20 Vision

01. Hate Conquers All
02. It Went Off Like A Bomb
03. 20/20 Vision
04. Christian Nationalist
05. Don't Let The Bastards Get You Down
06. Unbreakable
07. The Disease
08. A Nation Sleeps
09. You Make Me Sick
10. Un-American
11. Resistance Frequencies


If you are into Anti-Flag, you already know what you're gonna get with 20/20 Vision. The 'old school Punk police' have been crying "Sell Out" since 2008's superb The Bright Lights Of America album, but those people have hopefully got themselves a life by now. Since that record, Anti-Flag have maintained their political Punk fury but have not shied away from some big commercial melodies. Personally, I like Anti-Flag more than The Offspring, Green Day or any of those stadium filling Punk-Pop acts.

Why I think Anti-Flag really appeals to me isn't just the riffing or the catchy choruses, it's the sheer venom in which they deliver their messages. They don't hold back any punches, and I love them for it.

In all honesty, I don't think this new record is quite as good as the previous one, American Fall (read my review here), but it is still pretty damn good, and has plenty of Trump-hating earworms to enjoy. My personal favourites are Christian Nationalist, which would be a great sing-along number if you don't keep mixing up the words like I do, and the undeniably catchy rocker It Went Off Like A Bomb.
 


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig