Friday 18 December 2020

Album Review: THE WILDHEARTS - 30 Year Itch

 


01. Dislocated
02. Everlone
03. Suckerpunch
04. Anthem
05. Diagnosis
06. TV Tan
07. The Jackson Whites
08. Let Em Go
09. Vanilla Radio
10. Urge
11. Mazel Tov Cocktail
12. Sick Of Drugs
13. Someone Who Won’t Let Me Go
14. The Revolution Will Be Televised
15. Caffeine Bomb
16. Love U Til I Don’t
17. I Wanna Go Where The People Go

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love The Wildhearts. I've seen them live countless times over the years and own pretty much everything they've ever released. 30 Year Itch isn't their first live record, but it's their best. It's not just the amazing production, or the superb choice of songs. There was something magical in the air on this tour and somehow this has been captured here, on this epic double-album.

Just look at that tracklist. OK, there will always be the odd track some fans will wish was on there, as is always the case with any band with a large back-catalogue, but let's focus on what is included. It's killer song after killer song. If these were the song choices for a greatest hits album, no-one could complain. Classics like TV Tan, Sick Of Drugs, Suckerpunch, and I Wanna Go Where The People Go, all sit perfectly side-by-side with more recent tracks like Dislocated and Diagnosis, which are from their latest album, Renaissance Men (read my review here). 

Even Urge and Anthem, which were from the controversial, uncommercial, and distorted-as-fuck Endless Nameless album, sound amazing. The production and live delivery have really given those two tracks new life. I never realised how much I loved Urge until I heard this version.

30 Year Itch is an absolutely fantastic album, and proof that The Wildhearts are as essential today as they ever were.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig