Wednesday 8 November 2017

Album Review: FOZZY - Judas

Fozzy - Judas

01. Judas
02. Drinkin With Jesus
03. Painless
04. Weight Of My World
05. Wordsworth Way
06. Burn Me Out
07. Three Days In Jail
08. Elevator
09. Running With The Bulls
10. Capsized
11. Wolves At Bay

Judas was one of the albums I was most looking forward to hearing this year. I've been a fan of Fozzy since they started, when the band was basically Stuck Mojo, but with famous wrestler Chris Jericho on lead vocals. Back then they were a covers band, and it's been interesting watching them develop into a real band with a really strong string of original albums.

I had the pleasure of supporting Fozzy, back when I played guitar for Razorwire, and they had just released their excellent All That Remains album. I remember seeing that way more members of the audience were wearing wrestling T-Shirts than Metal T-Shirts, and they were constantly chanting "Y2J" or something. I fucking hate wrestling, and know little about it. What I did know is that Fozzy is an awesome Heavy Metal band, and over time they'd shake off the novelty of being a band fronted by a wrestler, and be recognised as a fantastic Metal act based on their achievements in music. Time has proved me right, and Fozzy keep getting better and better.

Judas may be their best album yet.  It's jam packed with anthems, catchy choruses and potential hit singles. There are no overly long epic tracks that outstay their welcome. Instead, we get a series of short sharp jolts of commercial Heavy Metal, and that's exactly what I wanted.

Listening to Judas is almost like listening to a greatest hits album, as the catchy choruses keep flooding out of the speakers. My personal favourites are Judas, Drinkin With Jesus, Burn Me Out, and the Rap infused Three Days In Jail.

If you didn't like Fozzy before, I doubt Judas will change your mind. However, if you're a fan, this new album is definitely worth your attention.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig