Wednesday 15 November 2017

Album Review: INCUBUS - 8

Incubus - 8


01. No Fun
02. Nimble Bastard
03. State Of The Art
04. Glitterbomb
05. Undefeated
06. Loneliest
07. When I Became A Man
08. Familiar Faces
09. Love In A Time Of Surveillance
10. Make No Sound In The Digital Forest
11. Throw Out The Map

This album has been out for a few months now, and I must confess that initially I struggled to get into it. I used to really like Incubus around the time their Make Yourself album came out, so out of a bizarre sense of loyalty, decided to forget this new one for a while and come back to it at a later point. I'm glad I did as I like it a lot more this second time round. Some albums are like that for me. They take a couple of plays before the penny drops, and then I 'get it'. 

8 is a wonderful album for stoners, as most of them are, come to think about it. The video for the first single Nimble Bastard is amazing. Anything with dogs in normally scores points with me, but this one is something a bit special.

Overall 8 is a good collection of songs. The production is a bit more 'lo-fi' than expected, but it does give it a modern feel, and prevents them from falling into the 'dated Nu-Metal' trap. Incubus are still a highly creative entity with a lot to offer, and most importantly, it sounds like they're still having fun making music together.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig