Friday 19 July 2019

Album Review: DANKO JONES - A Rock Supreme

Danko Jones - A Rock Supreme


01. I'm in A Band
02. I Love Love
03. We're Crazy
04. Dance Dance Dance
05. Lipstick City
06. Fists up High
07. Party
08. You Got Today
09. That Girl
10. Burn in Hell
11. You Can't Keep Us Down


Danko Jones is certainly consistent. I wouldn't be as harsh as to say that all their albums sound the same, but you always know what you're going to get. AC/DC are the same in that respect. Danko Jones records are all cut from the same cloth, but have enough instantly catchy songs, teeming with sing-a-long choruses for them to get away with not really progressing musically very much. Do we even want them to? Probably not.

A Rock Supreme is another kick-ass Danko Jones album. If you already like the band, you know what's in store and certainly won't be disappointed. 

If I was putting together a greatest hits album and had to choose tracks to include from A Rock Supreme, I'd have to go for the anthemic I'm In A Band, lead single Dance Dance Dance, and the riotous Thin Lizzy-tinged Lipstick City. Those are the stand-outs for me, but the truth is that there isn't a bad track on here.

If you want a shot of big dumb-yet-fun Hard Rock with a slick contemporary sheen, look no further!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig