Friday 4 October 2019

EP Review: GHOST - Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic

Ghost - Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic


01. Mary On A Cross
02. Kiss The Go Goat


Ghost dropped this nice surprise on Friday 13th (Sept). We were told that we wouldn't be getting another covers EP as that would be too predictable, and, true to Tobias Forge's word, we've been given this short blast of genius.

If you've been following the fun 'satanic sit-com', it is now time for us to see Papa Nihil front Ghost back in the Sixties. Papa is keen to release a 50th anniversary edition of Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic, but Sister Imperator does not approve. See the below video to find out what I'm talking about and to hear Kiss The Go Goat if you haven't already. If you're a Ghost fan like me, you've probably heard it a thousand times by now.

Obviously, these are two brand new songs with Tobias singing. You already knew that, right?

Both tracks are a lot of fun and are a tad more light-hearted and ridiculous than normal. Let's face it, no-one can parody Ghost better than Ghost. The Sixties spin on the familiar Ghost sound works seamlessly, and these two songs are unbelievably infectious. I've been listening to both several times a day every day since they were released. I just can't get enough of this band.

I stick by what I've said before. Ghost is one of the best and most entertaining Rock/Metal bands on the planet right now, and I can't see my opinion changing any time soon.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig