Friday 9 November 2018

Album Review: HARDCORE SUPERSTAR - You Can't Kill My Rock 'N Roll

Hardcore Superstar - You Can't Kill My Rock 'N Roll


01. AD/HD
02. Electric Rider
03. My Sanctuary
04. Hit Me Where It Hurts
05. You Can't Kill My Rock 'N Roll
06. The Others
07. Have Mercy On Me
08. Never Cared For Snobbery
09. Baboon
10. Bring The House Down
11. Medicine Man
12. Goodbye
13. Useless Information


I have been a huge fan of Hardcore Superstar since around the time their debut album came out, which incidentally is one of the best albums ever! I have all of their albums, and while some are better than others, the standard has always been very high. Fortunately, You Can't Kill My Rock 'N Roll is no different in that respect.

Hardcore Superstar are masters of Glam/Sleaze/Trash-Punk/Hard Rock, whatever you want to call it. They're 'up there' with fellow Swedish legends like Backyard Babies and Shotgun Messiah. To this day, they've never put out a bad record, which proves my point.

You Can't Kill My Rock 'N Roll is packed with party anthems and alcohol-soaked defiance. It's not their best album, but in fairness, it's a pretty damn good one. The title track is classic Hardcore Superstar with its massive chorus and a slick guitar riff that sounds like 80's ZZ Top.

Other standout tracks for me include Baboon, Have Mercy On Me, and Bring The House Down. If you're already a fan of the band, this record is 'business as usual', but with enough great, fresh-sounding songs to make it worth picking up. Their albums may all be in a similar musical ball park, but each has its own identity, and after all these years, they somehow still sound as vibrant as they always have.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig