Monday 5 November 2018

Album Review: THE CRUEL INTENTIONS - No Sign Of Relief

The Cruel Intentions - No Sign Of Relief

01. Jawbreaker
02. Reckoning
03. Genie’s Got A Problem
04. Weekend Suffering
05. Borderline Crazy
06. Check Your Head
07. Sick Adrenaline
08. Everybody Riot
09. Go Fuck Yourself
10. Chaos In A Bombshell
11. Devilicious


I love this kind of music. There's something about angry Punk-fuelled sleaze with that trashy 80's vibe, that really appeals to me. As a huge fan of Love/Hate, Ratt, Backyard Babies, Hardcore Superstar etc, this debut album from The Cruel Intentions was always going to be a winner! I saw them live last year (read my review here), so I've been really looking forward to checking out this record, and I'm pleased to announce that it's been worth the wait!

First up, I want to say how good it sounds. The production is perfect for this kind of music. It's crystal clear, but retains all of the raw energy in the sound. It's also nice and heavy too.

The most important strength of No Sign Of Relief is that it's packed with great songs. It's always a pleasure to listen to an album that's great in its entirety, and this is certainly one of those. If I had to choose favourites, I'd have to go for Reckoning, with it's crazy-infectious chorus, Genie's Got A Problem, as I like the Punk/Michael Monroe vibe it exudes, and also the funky bluesy beast that is Borderline Crazy. The latter reminds me a bit of Aerosmith, but they haven't released a track that good in over twenty years.

No Sign Of Relief is a really solid debut album and The Cruel Intentions have risen to become one of the best bands of this genre. Great stuff indeed!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig