Tuesday 18 December 2018

Album Review: GRAVE DIGGER - The Living Dead

Grave Digger - The Living Dead

01. Fear Of The Living Dead
02. Blade Of The Immortal
03. When Death Passes By
04. Shadow Of The Warrior
05. The Power Of Metal
06. Hymn Of The Damned
07. What War Left Behind
08. Fist In Your Face
09. Insane Pain
10. Zombie Dance
11. Glory Or Grave (bonus track)


Grave Digger are certainly a prolific bunch, with their last studio album Healed By Metal (read my review here) only coming out last year, and this new one, The Living Dead, being their nineteenth offering.

I'm not sure what to make of The Living Dead. There's nothing wrong with it. It just sounds like another Grave Digger album, as though the band have a set formula for making music and keep churning out slightly different versions of what they've done before. Loads of bands are guilty of this, and I guess that when you've been together as long as these guys, and have released that many records, coming up with truly inspired material is really difficult. If I enjoyed it as much as the last one, I'm sure I'd feel differently. However, I think the band may have benefited from taking some extra time to come up with something that could raise the bar in some way.

I have to give them props for the Polka Metal track Zombie Dance. This is a rare occasion where they're trying something different and that's certainly commendable. I can't say that I particularly like it, but it was an interesting listen nonetheless.

There are plenty of songs about monsters, warriors and how awesome Heavy Metal is, which is always a welcomed positive. However, I don't think that The Living Dead helps Grave Digger stand out from the pack.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig